If you are a student and wish to let a property through us a guarantor is always required with the following criteria:
- UK Homeowner (Proof will be required)
- Have no adverse credit, eg CCJ (County court judgements), bankruptcies (A credit check will be carried out)
- Earn 36 times the monthly rental commitment or have savings/investments in excess of this (Proof will be required in either case)
However if you do not have a guarantor we will need 6-12 months rent in advance, subject to landlords approval.
monies required to move in...
- Months rent in advance
- Six weeks deposit
- Administration fee £200 (including VAT) per person, this covers all tenant and guarantor referencing
- A holding deposit of £200 per person which is minused off the above grand total is required to reserve a property (If 3 or 4 bedroom £500 required)
some useful information...
All tenants and guarantors will be required to fill out a student/guarantor form as part of the application process, please click on the form below if you need to download and print a copy. Please then forward the completed form either via email, fax or post to the details listed on the following letter which outlines the move in process and advises of the staff members who will be dealing with the file.
Once this is received a legal binding contract will be forwarded to your guarantor and a hard copy will need to be signed and received by us prior to moving in. Please click on the following links to see a sample contract of guarantee, sample assured shorthold tenancy and an example of an inventory.
If the tenancy is extended after the initial period it will always be on a fixed term basis (10-12 months), the fee to do this is £60 inc VAT per tenant.